Leisure in Caldas da Rainha
To live in the county of Caldas da Rainha, they are promoted walking routes, trying to explore the natural and historical heritage of this region.
Regarding the thematic routes in the municipality of Caldas da Rainha include the following:
Circuit Historical-Cultural – City recognition route Caldas da Rainha, and presented the following attraction poles.
- Starting at the Republic Square
- Chapel of St. Sebastian
- Fountain of Cinco Bicas,
- Thermal Hospital
- Church of Our Lady of Pópulo
- Hospital and Caldas Museum
- D. Carlos I Park
- Jose Malhoa Museum
- Rafael Bordallo Pinheiro Museum
- Ceramics Museum
- Arts Center – Cockroach Museum Ugly, Atelier Museum António Duarte Atelier Museum João Fragoso and Area Concas
- Terminando na Estátua da Rainha D. Leonor
Truck in West – tales, legends and snacks, by nature around Salir do Porto, in the Bay of São Martinho do Porto, in Caldas da Rainha, Traversing the village of Obidos and cycling next to the lagoon.
– Monday morning at 9:30 am: Salir do Porto, pure nature
Encontro: Salir do Porto, na rotunda (ao lado do Multibanco e Centro Cultural). Caminhamos ao longo de moinhos antigos, pela floresta e pelos campos, com vista para o mar e para a baía e terminamos com uma sopa típica (incluída).
- 11 Km
- 3h30 hours
– Tuesday afternoon at 18h:: Sao Martinho do Porto and the monks of Alcobaça
Meeting in front of the tourist office. Through the historic center and, after paths in the field and next to the ocean. We tasted another soup region (included).
- 9 Km
– Wednesday morning at 9:30 am: Caldas da Rainha and Dona Leonor
Meeting in front of the railway station of Caldas da Rainha. We walked in the spa town, the hospital, the park and the woods. And we proved some tidbits of land and Portugal, in the Square.
- 4,5 Km,
- 3 hours
– Thursday afternoon at 18h: Óbidos,”House of Queens”
Meeting: next to the tourist office, opposite the car park. This is a historic walk with references to women who lived in the village. Here you can enjoy some cheeses and sausages.
- 4 Km
– Friday afternoon at 14h: Go biking in Obidos Lagoon with shrews
Meetings at the tourist office because there rents bicycles. We walked through villages, we take a small snack and continue pedaling next to the pond and the river and returned to Obidos.
- 25 Km
- 4 hours
Organized by Cultural and Recreational Salir do Porto. Warning: this is not responsible for any accident that may occur during the ride.
Hiking present in the West Tourist Guide
There are two routes, the Salir do Porto to Foz do Arelho, with a length of 14.6 Km and has a duration of 5 hours.
The route 2 has a length of 13 Kms from the Foz do Arelho Obidos, try a duration of 4 hours and 30 minutes.